Los Angeles Wage And Hour Dispute Lawyer
You work hard and you deserve to be paid for your time. At Toni Jaramilla, A Professional Law Corporation, in Los Angeles, we fight hard for employees who have been taken advantage of by employers. Lawyers at our Los Angeles law firm use years of experience and in-depth legal knowledge to force employers to compensate their employees properly.
Our clients are people who are forced to work longer hours and to accomplish more while they are working – often in violation of the law. Many have worked through rest breaks and gone without meal times. They have been illegally called “managers,” just so that their employers do not have to pay them hourly wages and overtime. They have worked “off the clock,” been forced to officially clock out before their shifts ended and otherwise harmed by their employers.
California Wage And Hour Laws
If your employer is taking advantage of you, you should know that the law protects your rights. In California, wage and hour rules are governed by two powerful laws: the California Labor Code and the Federal Fair Labor Standards Act. Employers often violate the laws by failing to pay fair wages or overtime.
Some of the common causes of wage and hour violations include:
- Employees were misclassified as “exempt” from receiving overtime pay.
- Employees were not provided an uninterrupted meal break within the first five hours of work.
- Employer failed to provide 10-minute breaks for every four hours of work.
- Employer failed to provide paid time for tasks required to prepare for work.
- Employer failed to provide a second meal break for shifts longer than 10 hours.
- Employer failed to ensure that employees being paid per project were meeting minimum wage requirements.
- Employer failed to provide proper pay stubs with all required information (generally including gross wages earned, total hours worked, number of piece-rate units earned and applicable piece-rate, all deductions, separately itemized, net wages, dates included in payroll period, employee’s name and Social Security number, employer’s name and address, and all applicable hourly rates during the payroll period).
Contact A Los Angeles Wage And Hour Violation Attorney
If you have not been paid enough for your hard work in Hollywood or elsewhere, take action. Contact the lawyers at Toni Jaramilla, A Professional Law Corporation. We are available at 310-551-3020 or you can contact us online. Attorneys at our Los Angeles law firm are dedicated to protecting the rights of California employees.